Friday 25 October 2013

YouTube Spotlight: Nerd³ - Rambolic Recommendations





Daniel Hardcastle is the reason I started the gaming side of this blog and also why I don't blog often. 

As a member of the internet community, I am well versed in the goings on of several YouTube "celebrities". However, I feel that some don't get as much attention as they deserve, and this is why this section has been set up. Obviously, this is only my opinion, but this is my blog and only a recommendation so....there.


While thinking of the first person to choose for a YouTube Spotlight, I was thinking why I started blogging like this and reviewing games in this way, and then it hit me - 
Nerd³.

For those of you who don't know, Daniel Hardcastle, or Nerd Cubed as he is known on YouTube - is a British game reviewer and vlogger. While that isn't spectacular on YouTube, the way he presents his reviews, his amazing sense of humor and his editing skills make him stand out among the others.


I often refer to him as the Eddie Izzard of game reviewers, as his humor can be dry and rambling but, for me at least, it is always hilarious and entertaining. I first saw 
Nerd³ when he did a collaboration with Martyn Littlewood (or InTheLittleWood as he is known on YouTube). After that First Great Journey, I was hooked on his charm and sense of humor. 

His work includes Reviews, challenges, vlogs on a Secondary Channel, collaborations with other YouTubers (including his Dad, which are hilarious as well), as well as more serious pieces and rants about current problems. He also used to do Let's Plays and the 13 Ways To Die series on Machinima, which had their own charm and the same anarchic comedic value.
There are very few YouTube comedy reviewers who can keep that comedic edge up to a very high standard, but Dan Hardcastle is one of those people, and he deserves his over 1 million subscribers and probably more.


It's very hard to pick a "best" Nerd Cubed video to try and give a good example of his work, as all of his videos have their own merits. There's not formula in place for one of his videos. Handily, he made a video called "
Nerd³ in a Nutshell", which is, well, self explanatory:



So there we have it, I believe you should all go and support Daniel "Nerd³" Hardcastle in every way you can, because quite frankly, there is no one else on YouTube who can provide the regular and hillarious content that he can. Just do it. Enter the Domain of the Nerd³...

Links:

Nerd³ Channel
Nerd³ Second Channel
Nerd³ Twitter
Dad³ Channel

No comments:

Post a Comment